Spend one day in the world’s only urban game reserve and visit most popular sights of Nairobi.
The Nairobi National Park is only a short drive from the business district of Kenya’s capital and accommodates wide variety of wildlife, e.g. black rhinos, lions, leopards, cheetahs, buffalos, giraffes, zebras, impalas, baboons. This is the only game reserve in the world that is situated within a city. Animals roaming around the wide open grass plains with city scrapers in the background makes this park so special.
Karen area of Nairobi – where the world famous Karen Blixen, author of Out of Africa used to live – also has a lot to offer including Giraffe Centre and elephant orphanage…
- Start early from your hotel (at 5 or 6 a.m. depending on your location)
- Morning game drive in Nairobi National Park
- Visit the Animal Orphanage of the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (it can be only visited at 11 a.m., so we have to leave Nairobi NP in time)
- Visit the Giraffe Centre where we can see Rothschild’s giraffes from close and – if we are lucky – we can even feed them from our hands
- Lunch in Carnivore, Tamambo Karen Blixen or a local restaurant (optional and according to your choice)
- Visit the Karen Blixen Museum, i.e. the house where the famous writer used to live
- Visit Ocean Sole or Kazuri Beads (optional)
- Arrive back to your hotel at 5-7 p.m. or later (depending on traffic and length of the programs)
- Note: this trip is a private trip and it starts every day
- Open-roof safari van with an English speaking driver-guide (jeep and other languages are available for extra charge)
- Pick-up and drop-off in your Nairobi hotel
- Entrance fees: Nairobi National Park, Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Giraffe Centre, Karen Blixen Musem, Ocean Sole (free of charge)
Services NOT Included:
- Travel insurance
- Local restaurant: „á la carte”, 5-10 USD/person (to be paid onsite)
- Carnivore restaurant: 25 USD/person (to be booked and paid in advance)
- Tamambo Karen Blixen: 28-33 USD/person (according to your choice of menu; to be booked and paid in advance)
- Drinks and personal purchases all over the trip
- Tipping local staff (driver) – not obligatory, only if you are satisfied
- Any other services, programs and entrance fees not mentioned in the description
- Starting from 115 USD/person
- Note: this is a private trip, thus the price may vary depending on the number of passengers, language of the tour and type of the car
For a personalized offer or more information please contact us.
This is a private trip, thus price of the trip depends on various factors, such as the number of passengers, type of the car and language.
For a personalized offer or more information, please contact us via email or using the box below. We are happy to help you.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review