One-day trip from Nairobi to Lake Magadi, the Kenyan counterpart of Lake Natron.
Lake Magadi is an amazing and very unique destination for nature lovers, birdwatchers and those who look for a spectacular geographical landscape. Though a number of wildlife is also found around the lake, the lake is most known for its wading birds, including flamingos, pelicans and marabus. (If you wish to see flamingos we rather recommend Lake Magadi than Lake Nakuru these days.)
- Start early from your hotel (at 5 or 6 a.m. depending on your location)
- Drive to Lake Magadi (around 3-4 hours)
- Discover Lake Magadi:
- birdwatching (flamingos, pelicans, marabus, white storks etc.)
- hot springs (you can even bath in it, however it can be too hot during daytime)
- discovering nature and culture of the area with a local (Masai) guide
- Drive back to Nairobi and arrive to your hotel at around 5-6 p.m. (depending on traffic)
- Note: this trip is a private trip and it starts every day
- Open-roof safari van with an English speaking driver-guide (jeep and other languages are available for extra charge)
- Pick-up and drop-off in your Nairobi hotel
- Park fees: Lake Magadi
Services NOT Included:
- Travel insurance
- Lunch, drinks and personal purchases all over the trip (there is a restaurant in the park or you can go with your packed lunch from Nairobi)
- Tipping local staff (driver, local guide) – not obligatory, only if you are satisfied
- Any other services, programs and entrance fees not mentioned in the description
- Starting from 45 USD/person
- Note: this is a private trip, thus the price may vary depending on the number of passengers, language of the tour and type of the car
For a personalized offer or more information please contact us.
This is a private trip, thus price of the trip depends on various factors, such as the number of passengers, type of the car and language.
For a personalized offer or more information, please contact us via email or using the box below. We are happy to help you.