A unique educational coffee tour starting from Nairobi to learn about the cultivation and processing of coffee.
In this half-day trip we will visit a locally owned, 100-acre coffee farm. During the visit we will learn about the cultivation and processing of coffee before it is ready for consumption.
The farm is located in beautiful scenery and at the end you will have the opportunity to taste a few different types (brands) of coffee. During the tasting the hosts will guide you through the distinct tastes of the brewed coffee. They will also explain about all the factors that affect the flavour of the final brew.
- This coffee tour starts from Nairobi twice a day: either in the morning (at around 9.00-9.30 a.m.) or in the afternoon (at around 12.30-1.00 p.m.). (Note: exact starting time depends on the location of your hotel)
- Pick-up in your hotel and transfer to the coffee farm
- The coffee tour in the farm takes around 2 hours (the whole program is longer due to travelling time)
- Cookies and coffee will be provided after the tour, and you can also have picnic lunch (for extra) if you wish
- Transfer back to Nairobi and arrive to your hotel at around 1.00 p.m. or 6 p.m. (or 1 hour later if you had picnic lunch too) – depending on the traffic and on the starting time of your tour
- Note: this trip is a private trip and it starts every day
Please wear comfortable and – in case of rainy weather – water-resistant shoes. We also recommend you go with sunscreen and a sun hat during sunny weather and with an extra sweater during cooler days
- Private transfer to the coffee farm and back
- Pick-up and drop-off in your Nairobi hotel
- Entrance fees: coffee tour, coffee tasting
Services NOT Included:
- Travel insurance
- Lunch: packed lunch is available for an extra 10 USD/person
- Drinks: coffee during coffee tasting is included, but other drinks are not. Please feel free to go with your own drinks (e.g. bottled water)
- Personal purchases all over the trip (Note: there is a coffee shop in the farm where you can buy freshly roasted coffee beans)
- Tipping local staff (driver, guide) – not obligatory, only if you are satisfied
- Any other services, programs and entrance fees not mentioned in the description
- Starting from 70 USD/person
- Note: this is a trip with private transportation, thus the price may vary depending on the number of passengers
For a personalized offer or more information please contact us.
This is a private trip, thus price of the trip depends on various factors, such as the number of passengers, type of the car and language.
For a personalized offer or more information, please contact us via email or using the box below. We are happy to help you.