One-day tour to learn about the cultivation and processing of tea.
Once we arrive to the tea farm in Limuru, the history of the farm and the process of making tea is informally explained over a cup of tea and there is an opportunity to see tea in the field.
Later we take a walk in the indigenous forest with a guide who will identify the plants and explain how they are traditionally used. As we wander in the gardens – which are home to a wide variety of birds and flowers – we can also see Colobus monkeys from very close (if we are lucky enough).
After return to the house we enjoy a pre-lunch drink on the verandah with sweeping views across the tea fields to the Ngong Hills.
Three-course buffet lunch – prepared with locally produced ingredients – is served at about 1.00 p.m.
- The trips starts at around 9.00-9.30 a.m. (depending on the location of your hotel)
- Pick-up in your hotel and transfer to the tea farm
- The program in the farm takes around 3 hours (the whole program is longer due to travelling time)
- After lunch transfer back to Nairobi and arrive to your hotel at around 3.30-4.00 p.m. (depending on the traffic)
- Note: this trip is a private trip and it starts every day
Please note, that temperature is cooler than in Nairobi as the farm is lying higher, please bring a sweater with you. In rainy weather you might need waterproof coat and shoes as well.
- Transfer to the tea farm and back
- Pick-up and drop-off in your Nairobi hotel
- Entrance fees: tea farm tour, tea, lunch
Services NOT Included:
- Travel insurance
- Other drinks and personal purchases all over the trip
- Tipping local staff (driver, guide) – not obligatory, only if you are satisfied
- Any other services, programs and entrance fees not mentioned in the description
- Starting from 75 USD/person
- Note: this is a private trip, thus the price may vary depending on the number of passengers
For a personalized offer or more information please contact us.
This is a private trip, thus price of the trip depends on various factors, such as the number of passengers, type of the car and language.
For a personalized offer or more information, please contact us via email or using the box below. We are happy to help you.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review