Conditions for travelling with Happy Africa Tours
In case of travelling with us you should accept to:
- be flexible in case of varying circumstances and modified itineraries or other conditions;
- be able to accept different cultures, including local people and your travel mates;
- respect the local traditions, habits and way of living;
- be polite and liberal with your travel mates, guide, driver(s) and anyone we will have contact during the trip;
- avoid offending people around you;
- avoid using illegal drugs.
Prices and discounts
- Prices – unless stated otherwise in the tour description – are given for one person and in case of a group of at least 6 people. If hotel is included in the offer prices are in double room sharing.
- Our prices – unless stated otherwise in the tour description – include standard double-room accommodation. If you wish other type of accommodation (cheaper or more comfortable or single room), please let us know at the time of booking. Please note however that in some places it is not possible to change the type of accommodation. (See also ‘Accommodation Disclaimer’ below.).
- Flights to and from Kenya or Tanzania as well as airport transfer within Kenya and Tanzania (except otherwise stated) are not included. It is possible to book airport transfer with us however it is subject to an extra fee. (For airport transfer possibilities please contact us.)
- For further information on services and costs included in the price of a trip please see ‘Trip notes’ section for all trips.
- Please note that – for reasons behind our control – prices are subject to change, due to unexpected changes in the costs of the trip (e.g. increase of park fees and taxes), especially in case of tours booked well in advance. Any increase exceeding 8% entitles you to change for another tour or cancel your trip without any consequences (i.e. no deposit will be lost). However as a condition of booking you accept to pay the modified price if the increase is less than 8% compared to the prices included on our website or given as part of a customized offer for you. Prices cannot be modified less than 20 days before departure.
- Online booking is not possible.
- If you are interested in our shared or private (suit-tailored) safaris or beach holidays, please send us an e-mail about your wishes and preferences, and we will send you an offer soon.
- Once you accepted our offer we will send you a proforma invoice and details about paying.
- Please note that booking will be confirmed only after we have received the deposit (see next section).
- At the time of booking you are expected to pay 40% of the total tour fee (including e.g. additional charge for single room or pre- or post-stay) as a deposit. Another 40% should be paid (received by us) no later than 35 days before departure. The rest (the last 20%) should be paid (arrive in our bank account) 15 days before departure.
- All instalments can be paid via bank transfer to our Kenyan bank account as included in the proforma invoice.
- Please note that costs of payment(s) (costs of bank transfer) are not included in the tour price, all such costs shall be borne entirely by you (the passenger).
- Please note that in case you are not able to pay the total tour fee (including costs of payment) by the beginning of the tour, we will be forced to exclude you from the trip and you will not be able to participate in it. In such cases no deposit will be reimbursed. Thanks for your understanding.
Cancellation and money refund
- If you wish to cancel the tour you booked, please inform us as soon as possible.
- Please note that in case of cancellation we are forced to charge you a so-called service fee as follows:
- 45+ days before departure: 25% of the total booking value
- 30 – 44 days before departure: 40% of the total booking value
- 22 – 29 days before departure: 75% of the total booking value
- 1 – 21 days before departure or in case of no-show: 100% of the total booking value.
- Service charge is due at the time of cancellation or no-show or within 8 days of those at the latest and it can be paid via bank transfer. All fees already paid will be reimbursed after deducting the service fee to be applied as detailed above.
- Depending on the type and itinerary of your tour – and if external circumstances allow – we are happy to reschedule your tour instead of cancellation. In such a case all or part of the tour fees already paid can be used to cover the fees of the new (rescheduled) tour. (However please note that we cannot guarantee the possibility of reschedule in all cases.)
- In case you leave the trip meanwhile (once it already started) of your own accord or for other reasons – beyond our responsibility – we will not be able to pay your money back.
- If we have to cancel the trip for any reasons beyond our own control – i.e. act of God, natural or industrial disasters, political or civil instability or terrorism etc. – the deposit and any other costs (e.g. flight ticket, insurance, vaccination) incurred in connection to your planned travel will not be reimbursed.
- In case you want to change the date or itinerary of the booked trip, please contact us. Possibility of any modification is depending on the availability and conditions may vary occasionally. We will do our best to meet your needs and to comply with your requests.
- In case the number of passengers in any tour does not reach the minimum number given in tour description and the tour is cancelled, the fee already paid is either reimbursed or can be used for another tour.
- Happy Africa Tours is not holding liability for any losses, injuries or delays during our trips.
- Insurance is not included in our prices however we require that you have travel insurance covering all your adventure activities and includes emergency airlift insurance and medical insurance as well. Contact your insurance company to understand your coverage as some policies do not include adventure travel or air transportation in case of unexpected emergencies.
- Please bring a copy of your policy as proof of coverage will be required to participate in our trips.
- We do appreciate any comments regarding our services, as we consider comments from passengers as part of our quality control mechanism and we use them to continuously improve our services.
- We organise our tours with utmost care and attention, and we choose our partners very carefully and based on personal experiences. As a result, we rarely have any complaints, but on the rare occasions we do, we follow the below procedure.
- In the unexpected case of serious dissatisfaction, please let us know about the problem via email immediately (but no later than 15 days after finishing the tour). In your email please attach the scanned copy of the summary record including a short description of the problem, the place and date of recording and the signatures of all concerned parties (i.e. hotel staff and/or driver-guide and you).
- Please, note that we always give a chance to our partners to tell their side of the story, so it might take us a bit longer (but no longer than 15 days) to answer your email.
- The information about Kenya and Tanzania and travelling in Kenya and Tanzania we share with you has been compiled with care and in good faith. However it cannot be regarded as official and is subject to change. For official information please contact the embassy or consulate of Kenya/Tanzania in your country.
- Itineraries featured in advance are correct at the time of printing. Our intention is to adhere to the routes described however due to our style of travelling and weather conditions, travel can be unpredictable. Thus a certain amount of flexibility is built in our itineraries in case it is necessary or desirable (for your safety) to make changes as circumstances vary.
- The documents provided shall be regarded as general guide but any mention of specific destinations or highlights by no means guarantee that they will be visited or encountered.
- In addition, any travel times or distances given are approximations only and subject to vary due to local circumstances.
- Information – unless accommodation is named in the tour description – provided on accommodation shall be regarded as for information only. The actual accommodation given for any destination may vary in certain cases due to local circumstances. However we guarantee that on average you will have the same level of service as included in the itinerary.
By booking with us, you agree that you have fully read and understood all the above and accepted the conditions of travelling with Happy Africa Tours. You also accept all the risks involved in travelling and take full responsibility of your actions and behaviour.
This article is very similar to that of published on the website of our sister company, Happy Morocco Tours as well.